Monday, May 30, 2011

A Day in the Life of Me

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF ME
BY: EMILY SCHILB AND ALI OLIVER


It was Friday, the weekend of my cousin's wedding

I was assigned a poem that I was dreading.

4 am waking up in the morning

Everybody else in Bellevue was still snoring.

Arriving at my cousin's house for the big day

All the people were jubilant and gay.

Roman and Katie exchanged "I do's"

And I have to tell you, I loved her shoes!

Everyone rode the motorcyle, but me

Next up was my auntie, as brave as can be!

Bow chased her as fast as he could go

But his old legs were just too slow.

A special day we all had together

A beautiful wedding in such beautiful weather.

As the sun went down, we all lay in our beds

Not knowing what was up ahead.

Celebrating the new joining and life of two

What happened next, no one possibly knew.

When we awoke, something was not right

Bow was paralyzed it was not a good sight.

They took him to the vet as fast as they could

The news they received was not so good.

They chose to put the old dog to rest

Our family decided it was for the best.

One chapter closes as a new one begins

And that's all in the grace of our God, my friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment