Monday, May 9, 2011

Is God a man that He would lie?

"God is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. Does He speak and then not act? Does He promise and not fulfill?" Numbers 23:19

Oh my....it is hard to wait to see when God is going to fulfill what He has promised, especially when there is "no fruit on the trees"!

Oh my...it is hard when you have grown accustomed to the encouragment and sympathy of man, when this has been removed. For no one else is walking thru exactly what I am walking thru.....just as Abraham, Moses, Joshua, David, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, and even Jesus walked the path God had placed them on and could not depend on the encouragement of man, but God alone.

God has promised me something amazing....truly the desire of my heart. He has asked me to lead as Joshua led....and believe as Joshua believed!

Oh Lord, I hunger for a word of encouragement....my soul is anxious and I know that is not from You! For You are the God of peace....Your word tells me to be still, not to worry, rest, trust. But my feelings, my body, my soul is responding in fear.

What am I afraid of?
1) that perhaps I have claimed and proclaimed something that is not mine to have
2) that I will make You look bad by doing all these "silly" activities like marching around the property for 7 days!
3) that others will judge me for believing the impossible
4) that His provision will come in a way that will be hard for me to accept...(an unlikely
resource!)

As I write, Father, download Your love over me, Your words of truth, Your peace.
"Cast all your cares on Me, Anne, for I care for you." "Do not worry..." "I will do this....I will make your righteousness shine like the dawn and the justice of your cause like the noonday sun."
"Behold, Anne, I am doing something NEW....Brand New....unlike ANYTHING you have seen before." "You have not gone this way before." "I will never leave you nor forsake you. My promises are YES and AMEN." Trust in Me with all your heart, Anne, don't lean on your own understanding. I am faithful...I have called you...I will do this!

Oh Father, forgive me for my lack of faith.....I have not gone this way before; it is not familiar to me! "When you are afraid, Anne, put your trust and hope in Me. I will not let you down!"

"Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you." Joshua 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment