Friday, October 17, 2008

The Future

When I start to think about the future, I imagine all sorts of scenarios:

1) Staying in our home, slowly remodeling, just working this simple job, kids, grandkids coming and going.

2) Moving…a fresh start, a new beginning. A place with land….a view…. a real home. I’ve never really felt at “home” in this house.

3) Go back to school….Paralegal? Administrative Assistant? Work in the city? Stay in Bellevue?

4) Are Ron and I in this together...forever? Can I live with him if he just stays the same?

“And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife……nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him.” 1 Corinthians 7:13,14,17

“Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34

“Then Jesus said to his disciples, therefore, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes……But seek his kingdom and these things will be given to you as well.” Luke 12:22-34

And I still wonder what MORE there may be. Am I serving the Lord? Is this what He has for me? A pretty simple life of family, work, friends……but I want to DO something for Him! Evangelize, travel, support, encourage others…SERVE.
But is THIS serving……

“He HAS shown you, Anne, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment